I am Maxim, nice to meet you :)
I'm a front-end developer (although I prefer to call myself a UI engineer) with more than 8 years experience. My work is at the intersection of programming and design. I create interfaces for web applications.
I like the modern web the way it is now. I started in the early 2000's and I have a lot to compare it to. I think the web is a great platform to build applications on because it allows you to instantly deliver features to the user as well as give them 24/7 access to the application from anywhere in the world.
A few random facts about me
- I love to travel, I can spontaneously pack up and go somewhere with my family
- I used to scuba dive when I was younger
- I learn Hebrew, and my dream is to visit Jerusalem, the hero city
In my work I'm not guided by formal criteria, but focus on the end user. So I have my own quality standards:
- The code must meet the standards.
- The interface must be optimized for mobile devices. In my work I prefer to use a mobile first approach.
- The interface must be responsive and display correctly even outside the «checkpoints».
- The interface should display correctly in popular browsers as well as on different platforms. But that doesn't mean that the interface should look the same in modern and old browsers. If pixel perfect is important to you, then we should not work together.
- The interface should work quickly.
- Preferably, the interface should be accessible using assistive technologies (screen readers).
My technology stack
- MTS Digital LLC, senior frontend engineer
I work in a distributed team, which develops MTS Profile (it is something like Google Account, only in MTS ecosystem).
- Took part in large-scale redesign of the project.
- Converted the project to TypeScript
- Rolled out unit testing on the project
- Developed several large modules
- Nord Software LLC, senior frontend engineer
- Developed several workstations for a medical information system
- Developed a react framework for building tab-based interfaces and helped implement it in several projects
- FogSoft LLC, frontend engineer
- Finalized and supported client side of several projects
- Participated in redesign of one of the projects, decomposed the interface into re-usable blocks
- Participated in design system development
- Acted as a mentor for newbie developers
- Areal Idea LLC, software engineer
- Participated in crm-system development for a customer in financial sector as a full-stack developer
- Implemented several reusable interface components in the form of jquery plugins
- Developed ui-kits for projects, from which backend developers assembled interfaces
- Served as a mentor for fledgling developers
- TeamProfi LLC, software engineer
- Participated in development and support of several major online stores
- Developed a module for buying theater tickets, as well as the cashier interface, and integrated them with the online store